Don't let the title fool you. This post shows you the steps to reconfigure several Citrix related items.
- The server containing the Citrix DB.
- The name of the Citrix DB on that server
- The user id used to connect to a database containing the Citrix DB
- The name of the system as it should be in the Citrix DB
All of the above items are in the MF20.dsn file which is located in the Independent Management Architecture folder on the Citrix server. Generally this will be;
- C:\Program Files\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture
But it could also be;
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture
In this example, we will be modifying the SQL server that contains the Citrix DB.
Our MF20.dsn file starts like this;
- Migrate the database to the new server (Maybe later I will do a post on this).
- Open the MF20.dsn file and modify the SERVER name so that the line reads SERVER=MyCitrixSQL2
- Save the file.
- Run the command: DSMAINT CONFIG /user:"ctxuser1" /pwd:"ctxuser1Password" /dsn:"C:\Program Files\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\MF20.dsn"
- Restart the Citrix Independent Management Architecture (Service Name: IMA Service) service for the changes to take effect.
If you want to change the user under which the connection takes place, update the UID field as appropriate, for example, UID=MyCitrixID, and then run the DSMAINT command again, replacing the /user:"ctxuser1" with /user:"MyCitrixId".
That's all there is to it.